February 17, 2014

Marvel Comics: Comic Book Buy List - Week of February 19th!

For the Fan Presents...

Marvel Comics: Comic Book Buy List - Week of February 19th 2014

Be sure to follow us on Twitter!

@4theFan
@4theFanMovies



A new week means new comics! The last two weeks have had an awesome selection of new Marvel books coming out, and this week is no exception. February has been a strong month so far for Marvel's releases and I think that this week is going to be one of the stronger weeks we've gotten so far. Going into this weird "All New Marvel Now" re-launch of a re-launch I wasn't sure exactly how well the books were going to be and wasn't really sure it was for. I still don't know why Marvel did this soft re-launch of sorts, but the books have been exceptional lately! It's easily some of the best writing we've gotten from Marvel in the last year (just my opinion.) So enough of me talking! Let's see what made the top 3 list for this week's All New Marvel Books!


#3

Title: Daredevil #036
Price: $2.99
Writer: Mark Waid
Artist: Jock

Story/Premise

 The Astounding Final Issue! 

Opinion
Seriously that's all it says on Marvel's website... This is the final issue in this current run for Daredevil before he re-locates to San Francisco. I've heard nothing but good things about this title so if I were you, I'd definitely check it out!

#2

Title: Nova #013
Price: $3.99
Writer: Gerry Duggan
Artist: Ed McGuinness

Story/Premise

All-New Marvel Now means some All-New Nova Wow! After Infinity, Inhumanity, and the landmark 100th appearance of Nova, it's been a crazy year for the galaxy's newest hero! As Sam Alexander continues to hunt down clues of the Nova Corps demise, he finds an all new threat of his own making. But the arrival of former Mjolnir-wielder Beta Ray Bill means Nova's days may be numbered

Opinion
I started picking up Nova during the event Infinity for the tie-ins and because I heard that one of my favorite writers, Gerry Duggan, would be taking over the book so I wanted to understand the story before I jumped into it. I have to say, when Duggan took over Nova it jumped up a whole nother level! Issue #12 of Nova is one of my favorite books that I've read in the last few months. It has a huge Star Wars vibe and is very similar to the epic Guardians of the Galaxy book that's going right now. If you like space adventure I'd definitely recommend picking up this issue, and Beta Ray Bill shows up!

#1

Title: New Warriors #001
Price: $3.99
Writer: Chris Yost
Artist: Marcus To

Story/Premise

WARRIORS REBORN! Adventurers SPEEDBALL and JUSTICE have come together with a group of young heroes including NOVA, SUN GIRL, and HUMMINGBIRD (and even a couple of new faces) to stop the latest threat to the Marvel Universe—the Atlanteans, Inhumans, clones and hundreds of other so-called “superior” beings are living among the humans of the Marvel Universe, but not everyone is pleased about it.

THE HIGH EVOLUTIONARY has raised an army to combat the evolution of humanity – and the New Warriors are locked in his sights!

Opinion
The main reason I am really excited for this book is because of Kaine aka Scarlet Spider. I'm very interested to see how he works in a team setting and I can't wait to see what Chris Yost does with all the characters in this book. There's been a lot of hype behind this book so it's going to be interesting to see if it can live up to the high expectations!

Notables:
The Punisher #002
Superior Spider-Man Team Up #010
Night of the Living Deadpool #003
Savage Wolverine #015

Written by Matt Skajem




No comments:

Post a Comment