March 11, 2014

DC Comics: Comic Book Buy List-Week of March 12th 2014

For the Fan Presents...

DC Comics: Comic Book Buy List-Week of March 12th 2014

Be sure to follow us on Twitter!
@4theFan
                                                                    @4theFanMovies 



     

What a fantastic last week was for comics! Forever Evil 6 sold like hotcakes, the Batman/Superman annual impressed, and on the Marvel side of things I absolutely loved the premiere of VOL. 5 of Moon Knight and Loki proved it was no one hit wonder.  How can things get any better for us DC Fanboys? Oh yeah, it's a Batman week.

#3




Title: Superman/Wonder Woman #6
Price: $3.99
Writer: Charles Soule
Artist: Batt and Tony S. Daniel

Story/Premise
When the Phantom Zone is breached by Zod, Superman and Wonder Woman are forced to do the unthinkable to stop the tyrant from global destruction. But can they do what must be done – and will the world forgive them?

Opinion
I was a huge fan of what Man of Steel had going for it and Superman II was arguably the best movie of Big Blue's up until then. Common factor? These Kryptonian bastards. I love a good story of opposites matched evenly or slightly advantaged on one end, and these four have my curiosity and my attention.  How awesome will this brawl be? Who will make out afterwards?  Will there be hair pulling?!  TOO MUCH SUSPENSE!

#2



Title: Batman #29
Price: $4.99
Writer: Scott Snyder
Artist: Greg Capullo and Danny Miki

Story/Premise
 The “DARK CITY” chapter of “ZERO YEAR” reaches its conclusion in this amazing, extra-sized issue! Now, the next chapter of Zero Year is almost upon us, and we’ve saved the best for last! What corners of Batman’s past will be revealed? And how will they impact his very near future? Find out here!

Opinion
Thought it would be number one? PSYCHED YOU OUT, YOU JIVE MOTHA'S! But in all seriousness, the Zero Year run has had so many loving homages to the greatest Batman stories ever told, and though we are ending part two of three of it's three arcs, I can tell we have yet to see the full scale of the greatness promised us by the buildup.  If I can still get all weak in the knees from the anticipation of books, I know I am into the right books.   

#1

Title: Batman L'il Gotham #12
Price: $2.99
Writer: Dustin Nguyen
Artist: Dustin Nguyen

Story/Premise
 Damian’s fowlest friend Jerry has disappeared, but the people of Gotham City are not helping in his search for a missing turkey. This November, the Condiment King is making a Sandwich Day run! Then we close out the year with a bang before taking a long winter’s nap.

Opinion
Yeah, it was a digital first comic and you could have read this waaaaaaay long ago, but for the same reason Injustice holds my heart so, there is something just magical about this book and it's level of charm.  This is the final issue, print or digital, being released before it gets the trade paperback treatment and eventually fades away to an awesome memory and section of my bins I don't touch.  If you haven't read this all ages Batman book, you really should.  It is as light hearted as it is hilarious. If I am tired after a long day at the store I know that this book will pep me up and give me some great laughs,  and since it is ending, I salute it's run.  Dustin, you rock man.

Notables
Nightwing #29
Batgirl #29
JLA #13
JL 3000 #4 

No comments:

Post a Comment