August 25, 2014

Blood Sugar Summer Haunted

For The Fan Presents:

Blood Sugar Summer “Haunted” Single (2014)

There is a lot of music that comes out today and you don’t get to hear it. I don’t like that notion, so I try my best to look for all sorts of new acts, good music, and even publish my playlists daily through last.fm. Upon coming across Blood Sugar Summer, I recognized one of the best songs I’ve heard in a long time. It’s with the release of “Haunted” from their upcoming record, that I realized the duo of Benjó James and Jack Wilson may very well be my new favorite artists.



It’s hard to determine such a thing with one track, but when you listen to “Haunted” you are entered into a mix of the past and present. The ethos that made the Jesus and Mary Chain records so iconic, the power of mixed elements of the 1990s alternative scene, and the poetry sung through on the track all work together to fuse into one melodic and impressive track.

“Haunted” will stick with you, and it will present a serious addition to your playlist. Blood Sugar Summer has tapped into something intangible hjere, and it’s that sort of excitement that is well worth looking into as a music fan.

Check out the track, turn it up, and listen to what very well may be the best song from this genre in a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment