August 21, 2014

Ivan Reitman And His Future With Ghostbusters: If Any


A few days ago Comingsoon.net had the chance to sit down in an interview with director, Ivan Reitman where they spoke about Reitmans recent release "Draft Day." BUT we're not here to talk about that now are we? 

At the end of the interview Reitman was asked about his future with the third installment of Ghostbusters. Sadly, the answer was practically "none at all," but hey it's worth asking right? He continued by explaining why he declined to direct the next Ghostbusters film. Don't close page just yet. He will still be involved! I mean it is his movie after all. 

"I am very involved. I'm a producer of the film," he told them. "I wasn't giving it all up. I suddenly felt that Ghostbusters didn't necessarily need me as a director, at least I didn't need to direct Ghostbusters, let me put it that way. Having done the other two and with the passing of Harold and with Bill Murray seeming disinterested being in it, I thought it was better for me just to produce it and to make sure we're going to have the quality and style of what is appropriate for another version of that film. But the franchise could benefit from somebody else's point of view. I've done it twice before and it will be great to get somebody else to lend a hand as well."
They continued by asking him about the development of the upcoming sequel to his 1988 comedy, Twins. 

Reitman continued, "I'd say it's very much in the development stage and it's now caught up in the middle of studio stuff," he explained. 

Whether it be in Ghostbusters or Twins (two) we will have some fun stuff to look forward to. 

After all it is Reitman we're talking about. This man has given us some films that I'm sure we've had some of our best times with.  

Written by Anthony Centeno

No comments:

Post a Comment