December 4, 2013

COMIC REVIEW: The Superior Spider-Man #023

For the Fan Presents: 

The Superior Spider-Man #023 - Comic Review

Be sure to follow us on Twitter!

@4theFan
@4theFanMovies


title: The Superior Spider-Man #20
price: $3.99
publisher: Marvel Comics
writer(s): Dan Slott & Christos N. Gage
artist: Humberto Ramos

Story Summary/Premise

DARKEST HOURS Part 2 of 4: “Complications” • As Otto Octavius takes another big step in his life as Peter Parker... could a big part of Flash Thompson’s life be coming to a close? Will he be... VENOM NO MORE?! • More with MJ! More with Carlie! More with the Green Goblin! 

Review of the Book

As I said in last week's review, I have been looking forward to this Venom arc since it was announced but didn't know exactly what to expect. After last week's issue I couldn't wait for the next one. This issue again showed Otto's intensity and relentlessness towards basically everyone, and Flash Thompson in particular. This issue was promoted as "The most cringe worthy moment in SSM to date." well, I don't know about anyone else who read this issue I wasn't really "cringing" at the end of this issue. Yes, I was like "holy crap this is going to get crazy in the next issue" but I wasn't freaking out. The writing in this issue was good but is a lot like the rest of the series and nothing really "new." I love Dan Slott and he's my favorite comic writer but I don't think these issues need to be promoted as "cringe worthy" unless it's a major death or something super major happening within the superior title. The art by Ramos was good but a bit too blocky. I did very much enjoy Superior Spider-Man issue #23 but felt like the way it was promoted was bit of a letdown. 

Pros, Cons, and Rating

PROS: Good writing, fun action scene's, good crossover
CONS: Bad promoting, decent art

Rating: 8/10 

article by Matt Skajem

No comments:

Post a Comment