December 4, 2013

COMIC REVIEW: Deadpool #020

For the Fan Presents:

Deadpool #020 - Comic Review

Be sure to follow us on Twitter!

@4theFan
@4theFanMovies


title: Deadpool #020
price: $2.99
publisher: Marvel Comics
writer(s): Brian Posehn & Gerry Duggan
artist: Scott Koblish

Story Summary/Premise

Another flashback to Deadpool Stories Past!This time, Deadpool wreaks havoc on a cosmic level!

Review of the Book

To start this review off, I have absolutely loved the current Marvel Now Deadpool run. So far I have thought that the writing has been hilarious and the art has been really well done. This issue I unfortunately thought it was all just decent. Gerry Duggan is one of my favorite comic book writers but I felt like he and Brian Posehn were trying a bit too hard with this issue. It's another flashback issue which, up until this point have been great and hilarious. There were parts in this issue where i was laughing and thought were really funny but ultimately I thought some things were a bite to try hard. For example, the watcher, cosmic baby, and the ruler were all a bit to cheesy/slapstick for me. The art in the throwback issues is a bit different than standard comic art but still good

Pros, Cons, and Rating

PROS: Cool art, some funny moments
CONS: decent writing, and a bit try hard at times

RATING: 5/10

article by Matt Skajem

No comments:

Post a Comment